Luck Is On My Side

    After being informed in April that my employer was closing the plant at the end of the year, I was concerned since I would be 60 finding another job would be difficult. The plant/building was sold to a company across the street that was looking to expand, they'll be taking over and renovating the plant to fit their processing needs.
    The really good news is they're looking for experienced maintenance personnel to maintain the operation once it gets up and running. I sent them an application/resume and they picked me up!! This couldn't have been much better although I'm losing 5 weeks vacation and taking a small hourly pay-cut, there will be no gap in employment. I'll start the week after my duties are finished with my current employer meaning I won't have to burn through any of my severance package while looking for a job. Damn fortunate indeed!!

Comments

Popular Posts